Nice, France: Tall Buildings, Balconies, Elegant Stores


It's been a rainy day in Nice but still very beautiful and we've enjoyed wandering the narrow streets. I love the wrought-iron balconies on the tall buildings.


I'm enjoying the palm trees and flowers. Below is the view from the hotel room my sister and I are sharing.


Our first stop was the market (obviously!).




There are some very elegant stores. The displays in the confiseries are a visual delight.



And there are heaps of fresh marrons glaces (one of my long-time favourites), not to mention chestnut yogurt! I'm also delighting in being able to talk French once more.

Galeries Lafayette is an elegant, expensive department store. We were very glad to be warm and dry for a change. Pierre Herme macarons are world renowned, and I loved the paintbrushes used as a wall decoration.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Beer: History, Trivia and War

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais