Christmas Shopping in Norwich


I've been enjoying the sights and sounds of holiday crowds in Norwich's town centre. I continue to be amazed by the crowds of pedestrians.


In addition, there are street vendors (roasted chestnuts) and musicians.


Narrow lanes create a tangled web of passageways leading in every which direction. There are lots of independent stores as well as the typical British chain stores.

I had tea at Caffe Nero yesterday. It's part of a chain, but my tea was served in style on a tray and I could have had a jug of steamed milk (the British are always surprised that I don't want milk in my tea).


I've spent the last few days picking up assorted food items to enjoy over the next few days. Marks and Spencers was crowded, but it was worth it.

I love English yogurt - such a variety of flavours - the 12% cream is tasty too!


I bought a variety of local cheeses at the market as well as bread, fresh dates and apricots. A bunch of dark pink tulips brightens my work table.


I munched on a grilled halloumi and guacamole sandwich outside on a bench. It's a long time since I've been able to eat lunch outdoors on Christmas Eve!


Wishing all of you a happy Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan

Au Pétrin Moissagais, Bordeaux