Flavourful Christmas Greetings from England


No big news this week so I thought I’d share a few photos from my English adventure.


This photo is for Michelle Zimmer, Wild Serendipity Foods



Here are a couple of photos from the Spalding Market for all my friends at the Saskatoon Farmers’ Market.


I have been staying in an old cottage surrounded by fields full of cabbages, Brussel sprouts and leeks.


The land is extremely flat (flatter than the Prairies) as it has been recovered from the sea. Last winter there were flood warnings as the dykes and ditches overflowed their banks.


These Brussel sprouts are sure to have come from a local farmer’s field.


The weather has been mild, so I sat and read in the garden behind Ayscoughfee Hall, Spalding.


Wishing you all a happy, peaceful Christmas with friends and family – and lots of good food!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Beer: History, Trivia and War

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan