Christmas Greetings and Highlights of 2011

Thank You
I would like to thank all the culinary entrepreneurs (farmers, chefs, winemakers, food producers and store owners) who shared their passion for good food and drink with me this year.

I am awed by your hard work and dedication – not to mention your fabulous products. You help make Saskatoon and Saskatchewan a great place to live.

I would also like to thank all of you who have read my blog over the past year. It has been a pleasure to share my ideas with you, and your positive feedback has been extremely rewarding.

I am grateful to be part of Saskatoon’s foodie community. Happy holidays and all the best to you and your families in 2012. Thank you.

Wine for Christmas
I’ll be enjoying some of my favourite wines from some of my favourite wineries this Christmas. They include:

Altos de Luzon, Bodegas Luzon, Jumilla, Spain (SLGA)

Biancco, Morning Bay Winery, Pender Island, British Columbia, Canada (Cava Wines)

Blanc de Pacs, Parés Balta Winery, Penedès, Spain (Cava Wines and Duck Duck Goose) - shown in photograph

Top Ten Posts for 2011
Over 14,000 people made 18,000 visits to Wanderlust and Words in 2011, and I posted over 125 articles. Below is a list, in order, of the 10 most popular articles this year:

Il Secondo, Saskatoon: Christie’s Bakery Opens a Second Location

McKeown’s Ready-Made Meals and Catering (soon to open Prairie Harvest Café)

A Warm Welcome to Sawaddee Bistro

Sushiro and Duck Duck Goose: Bringing Japanese pub food and Spanish tapas to Saskatoon

Opening Day at The Hollows




Raw Canvas, Yaletown, Vancouver

Fol Epi Bakery, Victoria (tie)

Bulk Cheese Warehouse (tie)

Comments

Gen said…
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Penny! You keep our minds informed and our taste buds tingling. You provide a wonderful service, thank you!

Warm wishes,
Gen
Penny McKinlay said…
Thank you so much, Gen. Merry Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Au Pétrin Moissagais, Bordeaux