Visit from Canadian Friends


It was such a treat to have a visit from my friends, Jennifer and Adi, from Kaleidoscope Vegetable Gardens, Saskatoon Farmers’ Market, this weekend.


We had afternoon tea at The Grand Hotel overlooking the bay. Those of you who know my sweet tooth will be amazed to learn that I ate less than half the pastries on offer!


The hotel is a huge white building dominating the bay and reminded me of the Bessborough in Saskatoon, not in style but in terms of its prominent position on the urban landscape.


The hotel was on the waterfront so we had several walks along the sea at both high tide and low tide.
 
We had a morning break/early lunch at Visto Lounge. They have a full vegan/gluten-free menu as well as lots of vegetarian options on the main menu. I’m very impressed by the quality of the food and the fun atmosphere and will try to go again.

Jennifer and Adi presented me with the most elegant box of chocolates I have ever received (and they taste good too!). Thank you! Here’s a history of les coussins de Lyon.


Happy Christmas everyone! Enjoy your time with family and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Beer: History, Trivia and War