Montpellier Street Scenes


I spent one-and-a-half jetlagged days in Montpellier, France, and loved every minute of it. I had a tiny apartment on the roof - it was so much fun having a terrace with a view.


Montpellier has a huge pedestrianized city centre. Cyclists and motorbikes zigzag through as well, but it's definitely a place where pedestrians are the priority. And there were crowds and crowds of them.


There are all sorts of narrow, winding alleyways. . .



. . . and interesting stores - I never did find my way back to the ones I'd hoped to visit. But I did find the huge bookstore!



Montpellier is known for its street art. Here are just a few examples.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

Au Pétrin Moissagais, Bordeaux