St. David's Day Daffodils


I'm very happy to be housesitting once again in Pembrokeshire and spending time with one of my favorite cats.



The gardens and roadsides are bright with daffodils and other spring bulbs. Tiny birds flock around the bird feeders and the fields are oh so green.



March 1 is St. David's Day honouring the patron saint of Wales and daffodils are certainly a Welsh trademark. So I'm sending you all a bouquet of daffodils to share at least a little of this lovely place with all of you.



And, in case you're feeling ambitious, here's a recipe for Welsh cakes, which are absolutely delicious. They're not really cakes - more like a flat scone with lots of raisins and spices.


Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!

Comments

ave said…
Hands down my favourite flower, although mine don't look as good in my yard as they do where you are! Thanks for these posts Penny, I enjoy watching your adventures! ~avril

Popular posts from this blog

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Au Pétrin Moissagais, Bordeaux