Cardiff Christmas Market




I'm convinced that the sun came out from behind the clouds the minute the train crossed the border into Wales. And there was my first Welsh castle in Chepstow (sorry, no photo).


The good weather continued once I'd arrived in Cardiff, and I was delighted to discover a Christmas Market in the pedestrianized city centre.


I sampled local cider, beer and liqueur; tried 3 different brands of local cheese; and bought some Welsh cakes for tomorrow morning's breakfast.


There was also a wide variety of handicrafts - pottery, glass and silver ornaments, and much more.

It's such a shame that the weather doesn't permit a similar market in Saskatoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan

Au Pétrin Moissagais, Bordeaux