Sunshine and Happiness in Appledore


This is my second time housesitting in Appledore, Devon, and it has again been a restful, productive period full of tranquil, happy moments. I hope that my photographs help to explain what is so special about this little fishing village. I am immensely grateful to Linda and Kevin for sharing this lovely place with me.



The river estuary is the heart of Appledore. I love to walk along the quay at all times of day as the water rises and falls with the tides and the sky moves from light to dark.


This is “my” street with two of its twisting side lanes and tunnels. It leads downhill to the quay.



Irsha was once a separate community and a fierce rival of Appledore. It’s now a quiet, winding road leading to the lifeboat station.




I would so love to see this wisteria in bloom.


And, last, but not certainly not least – Fenn, a quiet companion, who nonetheless knows what she wants and gently pats my arm when it’s time for a ribbon-chasing game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Beer: History, Trivia and War