Janet and Richard's house is near the village of Fosdyke, near Spalding, Lincolnshire. The house is one of 4 almshouses that were built in 1615. There is a jewel of a garden that is very British - lavender bushes border the path, and roses and clematis frame the windows. Beyond the garden there are fields of wheat and large expanses of sky. The houses were enlarged and doubled in size in the 1980s but maintain the heritage appearance.