Au Revoir et à la Prochaine!


My final week in Paris – and in Europe – was marred by a bout of the flu, so I was grateful to be well enough today to head into Paris to visit two art exhibitions at the Petit Palais.


Paris is having a “cold snap,” but the sky was the most brilliant blue and there were early signs of spring – catkins on a tree by the Seine and early cherry blossoms in a sheltered courtyard at the Petit Palais.


Across the street from where I’ve been staying in Vitry sur Seine, there is a cheerful display of yellow flowers. Can someone identify them for me?


I’m very much looking forward to being at home in my own space with my own possessions. And a change of wardrobe will be wonderful! But a piece of my heart will stay in Europe.

Many thanks to all the wonderful families who invited me into their homes as a guest or housesitter. I’m very grateful.


Au revoir et à la prochaine! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Beer: History, Trivia and War

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan