Wind, Waves & Flowers


It’s been an exceptionally mild winter in Wales, so all sorts of spring flowers are beginning to pop up in the garden and around Newport.



Daffodils are the most prolific, but I’ve also seen snowdrops and miniature iris.


The sun was shining so I headed down to the Parrog (harbour or port). Although the houses have filled in, you can tell that it was originally a separate community and there is still only one road connecting Newport and the Parrog.


The estuary and inner harbour were quite calm, but the waves were fierce once I reached the mouth of the harbour.



I enjoyed watching the gulls soaring on the air currents and the swans feeding in the estuary.


This is such a beautiful place. I’ll be sad to leave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Beer: History, Trivia and War