The Cotswolds: A Sunday Morning Walk Above Winchcombe

The sun was shining so I headed out the door for a walk bright and early this morning. With a little experimentation and some helpful advice from a local, I was able to complete a circular route on quiet country lanes.

I entered the grounds of Sudeley Castle by the back gate.


I then crossed a stream inhabited by ducks and swans.


After leaving the Castle grounds (unfortunately, the Castle is closed in the winter), I followed a quiet country lane. There were some lovely old houses. This one had an enormous walled garden - I would have loved to be able to peek inside.


There were fields full of sheep . . .


. . . and kale.


Winchcombe lay sprawled in the valley below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Beer: History, Trivia and War

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan