West Vancouver Delights

I wouldn’t mind living in West Vancouver – ritzy apartments overlooking the harbour, salt sea breezes, and interesting stores and restaurants. Ah, well. I can always visit.

Fraiche Restaurant
A room with a view and a friend in the kitchen – what more could I ask!

I was delighted when my North Vancouver friends took me out to brunch at Fraiche. And it was really special because Stephanie’s son, Theo, has just been hired as a cook.

Fraiche is located at 2240 Chippendale Road – way, way up the hillside overlooking Coal Harbour and Stanley Park. It’s an outstanding view. And the food is pretty good too :)

I can’t resist eggplant, so I had the Tagliatelle Pasta with spiced eggplant caponata and parmesan. Stephanie had the Chevre Omelette, and Anne had the Pain Perdu. And we all thought we’d chosen the best dish on the menu.

Bete Noir, a flourless chocolate cake served with blackberries and apricots, and a glass of Cava made my meal complete.

West Vancouver Sea Wall
It’s an annual ritual to walk the sea wall between Dundarave and Ambleside. I watch the boats, hope to see a seal, and admire the beach art and flowers. It’s the perfect way to spend half a day in idle pleasure.

And there’s no better way to finish the walk than a beer and a meal on Saltaire’s third-storey terrace. Sunshine, ocean breezes and fries. Life is good.

Slideshow – Beach Art, Ocean Waves and Flowers

West Vancouver Sea Wall

Comments

Stephanie V said…
We still haven't found any blackberries as plump as those. A delicious brunch!

Popular posts from this blog

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Au Pétrin Moissagais, Bordeaux