I have been healthy and strong and full of energy. I have a solid network of family and friends who sustain and support me. My apartment has become a comfortable home with the addition of new flooring and new furniture.
2009 has been a year of discovery and learning and beauty:
- I have moved outside my comfort zone in networking and promoting my freelance business.
- I spent three glorious weeks in Spain studying architecture and design, trying my best to learn a new language, and exploring a new culture completely on my own.
- I have taken thousands of photographs and even gave a slide show about Spain at the public library.
- I have read voraciously on so many different subjects - creativity, economics, politics, and more.
- I am learning new computer skills, so essential in our current age. I developed a professional website and started using Google Reader and Delicious and Springnote.
- I have become more environmentally conscious, buying local, organic foods and trying to step more gently on the earth.
- I have attended lectures on architecture and urban design that sustained my belief that cities and buildings are for people not cars.
- I've been to concerts and plays and the ballet in Saskatoon and Vancouver and Spain.
- I've delighted in the beauty around me - from the grassy fields beside the South Saskatchewan River to the scented gardens and fountains of the Alhambra and the Alcazar in Andalucia.