Urban Gardens

For many years, I lived in a house with a big garden full of flowers and vegetables and fruit trees and bushes. Nowadays, I live in an apartment and, despite filling my windowsills with plants, I miss having a garden. So I was enchanted by the gardens that Vancouver apartment dwellers have created on an abandoned rail bed not far from Granville Island.
Here are some interesting articles about urban gardening:
  • A weekend course in urban gardening with The School of Life, London, England
  • Landshare, a British project to produce more fresh, local produce

Comments

Jen said…
That's a great idea! Looks awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Beer: History, Trivia and War