Remember You're a Womble!

In the 70s, I spent many contented holidays with cousins in England. They had young children so I have happy memories of pantomimes and Dr. Who and The Wombles. I was delighted when Jurgen Gothe played the Wombles' signature tune on his CBC radio show Farrago.

I am somewhat amazed that a family of fat, furry creatures who collect litter was so popular with children. I wonder if it would be nowadays. However, as an adult, Uncle Bulgaria still delights me. And the show’s message of picking up litter certainly fits with modern-day concerns about the environment.




Comments

Stephanie V said…
Ah, the magic of videotape.
Jen said…
It reminds me of the Fraggles! But with an accent.

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Beer: History, Trivia and War

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais