Footnotes to a Conversation, March 8, 2021


Local News 
Two Saskatoon women have started a new business, Bergamot & Basil, and plan to sell the most interesting variety of herb bedding plants around. The list of herbs they hope to sell is long and exciting (5 kinds of mint, 5 kinds of basil, epazote, huacatay). Lemongrass is already planted and sprouting. 

Saskatoon Seedy Saturday has gone virtual with online gardening workshops and presentations from Mar. 20-27. 

I’m looking forward to celebrating the spring equinox with a Middle Eastern/North African dinner from Nest Saskatoon. Nest has been supporting refugee settlement in Saskatoon since 1997.

Art & Architecture 
The pandemic has created a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to reimagine our built environments – if we care enough (and dare enough) to take it [comic] 


Travel 
This cartoon speaks for itself. 


Food 
30 brilliant condiments to liven up your meals. I’m not sure how many of these are available in Canada, but I’m sure some of them are. 

Footnotes to a Conversation is a weekly Monday feature covering an assortment of topics that I’ve come across in the preceding week – books, art, travel, food, and whatever else strikes my fancy. If you share my love of nature, I suggest you also read EcoFriendly Sask that I publish in collaboration with my brother, Andrew. 

You can follow Wanderlust and Words on Facebook, Twitter, or by email (top centre).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

The Future of the Saskatoon Farmers' Market - Let's Move Forward, Not Backward