Flower Gardens and Beaches - Vancouver Island


My family spent many summer holidays on Vancouver Island, and I have happy memories of playing on the beach.




One of my family’s favorite beaches is at Point No Point. It’s a private beach, but all you have to do is enjoy lunch overlooking the ocean or stay in one of their cabins to have access.



As a child, a special treat was visiting Butchart Gardens after dark to enjoy the light display. There are free open-air concerts in the Gardens every night during the summer months. My sister and I enjoyed a performance by Ballet Étoile.


The massed displays of flowers are impressive as are the fountains and amusing twig sculptures hidden in the bushes.




In Victoria, my sister Clare and I walk at Willows Beach and Cattle Point most evenings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store