Capturing Screen Shots


As a freelance writer working from home, it’s important for me to be able to communicate effectively by email. A picture is often easier to understand than a verbal explanation so I really appreciate being able to use Jing to capture a screen shot.

One of my ongoing assignments is to write Help for an integrated trucking and accounting software package (Axon Development Corporation). I take a screen shot when I am writing documentation for a specific screen and need more information about how it works or if I receive an error message when I’m trying to update the software. I can send the image to Axon to show them exactly what I’m talking about.

Once you’ve captured the screen shot, Jing provides you with tools to add highlighting or arrows or a textbox. This has been very helpful when preparing screen shots for a presentation. I’ve also used screen shots as illustrations in Axon’s newsletter.

You can also use Jing to record a video of your actions.

Jing is a handy, effective tool – and it’s free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saskatoon's Persian Store

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Brit Foods: Saskatoon’s Very Own British Food Store

Au PĂ©trin Moissagais, Bordeaux

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais