Glimpses of Galiano


Galiano Island is the Gulf Island closest to Vancouver. It’s small, not as touristy and developed as Salt Spring, and with many, many inlets and coves as it’s long and skinny.



I spent 3 days on the island with my sister, Clare. We admired the sandstone at Sturdies Bay and the arbutus attracted my attention at Retreat Cove.



We carefully left our treasures behind after a happy afternoon spying on the crabs in the tidal pools near Pebble Beach.


We visited 5 artists’ home studios. I enjoyed the pottery by Sandra Dolph, but my absolute favorite was Marcia deVicque’s studio.



The glasswork was lovely and her wild, tangled, forest garden was a feast for the senses.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

The Future of the Saskatoon Farmers' Market - Let's Move Forward, Not Backward

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet