A European Advent Calendar, Part I


December, in my memory, is white as Lapland, though there were no reindeers.” (A Child’s Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas) 

This is a strange, often difficult Christmas season for many of us. Over the next month I’ll share some of my European Christmas memories accompanied by quotes that I hope will brighten your day. 

First up are the bears! 

“There’s a polar bear in our frigidaire – he likes it ‘cause it’s cold in there. He’s slurping the soda, he’s licking the ice. And he lets out a roar if you open the door. And it gives me a scare to know he’s in there – that polary bear in our fridgitydaire.” (Shel Silverstein) 


“When you see someone putting on his big boots, you can be pretty sure that an adventure is going to happen.” (Winnie the Pooh) 


“I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,” said Pooh. “There, there,” said Piglet. “I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.” (Winnie the Pooh)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

The Future of the Saskatoon Farmers' Market - Let's Move Forward, Not Backward