Springtime in Kew Gardens

This is my last day in Europe and I filled it with flowers and fresh spring growth at Kew Gardens, London. I hope that my photos provide a small portion of the pleasure I received today.


Magnolias, rhododendrons, and camelias - what a bright burst of colour on a grey day!





And then there were the trees - old and wise and gnarly - and still vibrating with fresh lime-green growth.






A robin came begging for crumbs at lunchtime. This squirrel was very curious, and the moorhens were hungry.



So many different flowers - of every colour, size, and shape.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

The Future of the Saskatoon Farmers' Market - Let's Move Forward, Not Backward

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet