Market on MacLeod, Calgary

I had less than a week in Calgary in October, but I made sure I visited at least one of their markets.


The Market on MacLeod is, I believe, relatively new. And it’s super convenient, even for pedestrians, as it’s only two blocks from the Heritage LRT station.


You enter via a seating area, so I wondered if the market was primarily a food court, but that wasn’t the case. There were certainly lots of vendors selling hot lunches, but they were also selling frozen and take-out food.


There were also fruits and vegetables, dairy, cakes and chocolate.


Here are just a few things that caught my eye.


I loved the mini paletas (Mexican fruit bars) from Sabores, and I was even happier when I realized they were organic with 100% natural ingredients. I bought a slice of Mexican cake that was very good.


The stuffed olives from Angela’s Olives were spectacular. I had the Cadillac mix, which was stuffed with almonds and marinated with feta cheese and herbs.


The curries from A Touch of India (Dostana) were fabulous and there were lots of vegetarian options.


I also picked up a vegetarian taco pie from Simple Simon Pies. They offered samples of all their pies, which I really appreciated.


Sylvan Star Cheese is based in Red Deer, Alberta. I definitely recommend their Old Grizzly, an extra aged sharp gouda.

I recommend visiting the Market on MacLeod if you’re in Calgary.

See also: Inglewood, Calgary 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

Beer: History, Trivia and War

Artisan Cheese-Making in Saskatchewan