Buon Giorno, Novembre!


It’s November in my Year of Staying in Place. Addio, mushrooms and fungi! Ciao, Italia! I have only visited Italy once – in 1977 with my Mum and friend Helen, but I have many memories, particularly of snow in Venice on the Easter long weekend. I hope the photos amuse you; there will be more tomorrow in Flavourful Saskatoon

But first, October and fungi. I had a lot of fun with this theme. I read a couple of mysteries where mushrooms were the deadly weapon. I’m reading The Entangled Life and fascinated by the scope of fungi – inside our bodies, under the ocean, sharing intimately with plants and animals. I even managed to work the theme into the writing I do for EcoFriendly Sask and interviewed Jacey, who recently established the Saskatchewan Mycological Working Group. I didn’t do everything I’d set out to do, but that’s okay. 


I chose Italy as a theme almost at random. There are some shows I want to watch on Britbox: Zen based on mysteries set in Rome by Michael Dibdin and Shakespeare in Italy. I am also planning to read The Enchanted April and The Unfinished Palazzo about 3 women who inhabited a palazzo in Venice in the 20th century. I want to visit a virtual Italian museum and make pizza with a truffle topping. There is also a small jar of roasted artichokes imported from Italy in my cupboard. 

Stay safe, stay healthy – and may you find joy in every day this month. Ciao! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

The Future of the Saskatoon Farmers' Market - Let's Move Forward, Not Backward