Avignon, France


The old part of European cities is always a delightfully tangled maze of narrow streets and alleyways, and there is nothing I like more than simply wandering the streets, admiring the architecture and finding surprises around every corner.



That's exactly what I did when I visited Avignon.




My first surprise in Avignon was to find such a large city still surrounded by a tall stone wall.


I particularly enjoyed the park on top of the Rocher des Doms with its view over the Rhȏne River.



I visited the Palais des Papes and shuffled a few dance steps on the Pont d’Avignon, but my happiest moments were spent simply wandering the back streets.



Of course, I found time to visit Les Halles, the indoor market, as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 28, 2017

Flavourful Saskatoon, August 21, 2017

The Golden Towns of Beaujolais

Spelt and Millet: Ancient Grains for Today's Healthy Diet

The Future of the Saskatoon Farmers' Market - Let's Move Forward, Not Backward